View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Guess it comes down to what you consider important to a " All Time NBA Team".

If Duncan, Dirk, and Kobe can't be on it because their careers are not over yet --- so be it. If I think they belong, and I am giving out the award, so be it. If you think they don't, and you are giving out the award, so be it.

Personally, I forgot about Pettit and Baylor, so yes, I would probably remove Dirk and Duncan for these two. Giving stats about how many popularity contests won though doesn't do it for me. Now winning games, scoring, rebounding, etc.... that impresses me. Being called MVP or First Team All-NBA instead of All-NBA is back to a popularity contest and an award given by mediots. Leading the league in scoring, rebounding, etc., and winning games, that is the statistics I look at as well as being old enough to have seen most (not all) of these players play.

Times are different though, and many people have their own opinion.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote