View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 07:00 PM   #40
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
phoenix
sa
utah
and houston are all clearly better by a very large margin without their best player.

denver
and golden state are pretty clearly better.

that would put the mavs in a battle with the LA teams, sacto and the blazers if they got to keep roy for the 7th and 8th playoff spots.

Its not even that i think dirk is so much better than all those other players that are the best players on their teams, though i do think hes a no questions asked top 5 player. But the mavs base SOOOOOOOOOOOO much of their offense around him and his skill set that is truly irreplaceable.
Phoenix yep for sure.

SA I'm not so sure about. I would take Howard over Manu or TP (pick one). The remaining one (Manu or TP) is better than your 3rd best player, but your team has more talent overall. There is no Stack, Harris, etc on the Spurs (assuming you say Jet is your 3rd best).

Utah's 2nd best player (either Deron or Boozer, pick one) is better than Howard, but you have them beat talent wise 3-12. The same goes for the Nuggets.

Houston this year due to the additions, but not last year.

No one on GS outside of B.Diddy is better than Howard, and I still argue that you are just as good 3-12.
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote