View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #22
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
Um... Isn't that what a horrible throw is... A throw when there are two or more guys on one receiver and the defenders, because there are so many due to a FORCED throw into coverage, pick the damn thing off...

Same thing slick... Sure, there are picks like his first and third that are just bad throws, but the rest were forced balls into tight coverage that shouldn't have been forced and the defenders got there first.
Yup, 2 out of 5 picks (and arguably 3) were horrible throws--as in the receiver had no chance of catching it. Not necessarily a forced throw into coverage. I wouldn't consider a pass that is over way over the head of a receiver, then picked off by the safety 10 yards behind as forced into coverage.

As for forcing balls to TO...That's what he's all about--Running crossing routes and tearing apart double coverage. That's what makes TO, TO.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote