View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 12:29 AM   #23
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I wrote this post before "the shove" and fell asleep and forgot to post it.

"I'm going to play hard like he had me playing when he was here," Howard said. "That's all I can think about is dedicating the rest of my life to him. He gave me a life. He gave me this dream that I'm living right now. It's just all for him now."

This is a great article. Reminds me of the ones from last summer about Howard turning down Team USA because he's committed to his youth camps. While Kobe's raod was paved with the incredible luck of being drafted out of high school to play on Shaq's team, Howard's way has been all about the struggle. He's at his best when he's trying to prove something. Now he's saying stuff like this?

I'm really looking forward to seeing how having a true offensive assistant coach on the bench helps the Mavs, and I think Howard will be a major beneficary. Everybody talks about how Howard disappears in the 4th quarter, but doesn't Avery usually go to his 2 man game with Dirk and Jet? Its very effective, so you can't blame him, but I think making Howard a 4 quarter option needs to be a team focus. If he's averaging 18 now, no reason he can't do 22. .. that's just 2 more 2nd half buckets.