View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #19
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Houston was "out of shape"--I read in an Isola column that he was in fact in excellent condition, though I know that doesn't mean he's in "game shape".

I think there's more playing out here than is being said explicitly. Thomas, for whatever reasons, wanted no part of Houston--didn't want to spend any time looking at him in training camp, didn't want to give him any kind of game time, didn't want a non-Isiah guy in the locker room, and he made it clear from the beginning, and at every turn.

Thomas ONLY allowed Houston anywhere near the Knicks because of Houston's odd relationship with Dolan. Dolan and Thomas reportedly have not been in communication to anywhere near the same degree as in the past. Thomas clearly, CLEARLY viewed Houston as a Dolan-plant, and as something of a threat.

Houston knows his chances are a longshot, but what do you wanna bet he has a position within the Knicks organization within 2 years? Perhaps much, much sooner.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote