View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 12:22 PM   #21
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute
Default He'll be back.

Late-Season Return Possible for Houston

Article Tools Sponsored By
By NATHANIEL VINTON
Published: October 22, 2007

GREENBURGH, N.Y., Oct. 21 — A week after starting his improbable comeback, and one day after officially aborting it, Allan Houston visited the Knicks’ training facility Sunday to explain his departure from the team.

“When I went into camp, the intensity was kind of a shock to my body,” said Houston, a 36-year-old guard who retired in 2005 with chronic knee pain. “I didn’t have time to really recover from that.”

Houston told reporters he would not rule out a late-season return to basketball (or even a coaching position), but he emphasized he was letting the future shape itself.

“I may get to a point in a month where I have so many things going on with my foundation, my Web site,” said Houston, referring to allanhouston.com. “Right now, I know that my body feels great, I’m healthy and I’m going to stay in shape.”

Knicks Coach Isiah Thomas was asked if he thought Houston could be a useful addition to a team later this season.

“Anytime you can shoot the ball like he can shoot it, he’s an asset,” Thomas said.

The Knicks must winnow their roster to 15 by Oct. 29. They begin the regular season Nov. 2 in Cleveland. When asked if he thought the team was a playoff contender, Houston expressed confidence in the strategy and philosophy of Thomas, who is entering his second year as coach.

“Last year, they kind of had the excuse that, O.K., everything was kind of new, it was transition,” Houston said. “This year, they’re going to have to take what Isiah’s telling them and execute it.

“It’s not like they don’t have a good strategy. They have an identity, I think, now, and they have the good-enough players.”
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote