View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 10:36 AM   #50
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
Kobe is the best player on a bad team and acts like he is the best player of all time.

You can put up all the numbers you want, the guy doesn't win with his team. He is not a TEAM player and I don't want him anywhere near our Mavs.

He should go play for the Globetrotters, his showboating would be entertaining with them...or perhaps see if he can make an And 1 team???

As for the NBA, he's Stern Hype that is being forced down the throats of NBA Fans. He's like CNN and Liberal biased news...it's not real, but it sure looks good, until you look at reality and we realize we got taken.

Say NO to Kobe!!!

What's wrong with liking what we have better?
I've said this in every Kobe thread thus far:

If you watched FIBA USA basketball this summer, you would understand the kind of competitor that Kobe is. You would see how great of a team player he is.

I never knew that excellent defensive prowess could be seen as "individual", "selfish", or "non-team". The man is one of the best shut down defenders in the league. I don't think that should be overlooked.

The fact is, and I repeat many posters' comments here: Kobe is arguably the best/most talented player in the league.

Not only that, but he is on of the most respected players around the league. Once again, this was seen in both FIBA practices and games this summer--time and time again. He wasn't the leading scorer of every game, but every player on that team respected and looked up to him. If you don't believe it, then do some research for yourself. Not hard to watch some nba.com videos on Kobe/FIBA from this summer...

Truth-- Kobe isn't an overated player. Rather, you are under-rating him. =/

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote