View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 12:59 PM   #34
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day1MavsFan
There is definitely some substance to Dirk's personality being too laid back and not having a killer instinct. Examples:

When he talks about last year, he says that they just ran into a hot team. This is his excuse for losing in the first round. If that was the case, then you'd think that Golden State would have won the title, when in fact they lost in the next round. They looked pretty ordinary against Utah, who did exactly what Dirk wouldn't do -take the ball inside.

What he should be saying is... "we weren't good enough".... "we failed"... "my game needs work". So, this tells us that he's just happy to get another chance this year, and maybe he will be on the hot team.

I can't believe that he didn't work his ass off this summer adding an inside game. Wander around in Australia? I can guarantee you that's not what I would have done. After a couple of weeks of depression, I'd have been hiring anyone I could find to teach me post moves. I'd have been hitting the gym. I'd have been embarassed about what happened last year. Dirk on the other hand just says.. ho hum.

Anyone watch Dirk in the All-Star games? He's just happy to be there and defer to the others.

Everyone just has to accept that Dirk is not strong-willed, is not a warrior, is not a take-charge guy. That doesn't mean that he can't be a big part of a championship team. It just means that he isn't the leader or go-to guy. Maybe he's still the top scorer, but someone else has to take the bull by the horns. Hence, why Avery is pushing Josh and Devin to be leaders.

And, it really doesn't mean anything that Dirk is "bothered" by the failures. Just because it keeps him up at night, doesn't mean that he's going to do anything more than he would do anyway. All of that is just talk. Where is the action? I don't seem him being any more determined than before the failures against Miami and GS.
Are you honestly questioning dirks work ethic in the off season???? There are reasons to question dirk but that damn sure isnt one of them. As for the "we failed, my game needs work "and so forth comments have you even read any of his comments from the last two years??? Hes said that too much.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote