View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #11
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand the irony. We all know that Cuban knows the dollah game. It's all he knows, and he seems to pick up very well whatever knowledge he needs in order to move ahead in that game. As owner/promoter of the Mavs, he knows that the louder he is, the more money he gets. He also knows that the more wins his team gets, the more money he gets. Where he seems to depart from Stern, I think, is that Cuban also has an eye for the integrity of the game - a better product means more fans, as he's talked about. I think Stern would rather have an appearance of integrity than integrity. For his part, Sheed just wants to pop someone.

I just think that it's very funny (and for me, telling) that instead of defending the integrity of the game, or his approach to the game, Stern just points out how much money Sheed is making, basically saying, "keep your place."
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote