View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:09 AM   #41
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
None of the other games--yes, even Cleveland--were near as interesting a matchup.
I think holding Lebron to zero points in the first half for the first time in his career with our new acquisitions speaks tons about what we changed in the summer. Especially considering what Wade did to us two years ago. I know you emphasize the "fast teams" problem, but we have struggled in the past with one-man teams too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You occasionally struggle to make a consistent argument even in one post, or article as it were. Here you say that the Mavs "have made tremendous changes" and that you can name "a ton of significant changes" yourself. Yet at the same time you cover all the bases by suggesting that a 67-win team doesn't want "to change everything" and has "a lot of things they should rightfully retain." Which is it? Tremendous and significant changes, or retaining a lot of what they are?
I think DLord was emphasizing "ton of positive" more so than "ton of changes", even if he phrased it that way at one point. We've seen positive defensive efforts from Jones and Hassell, and Bass has contributed as well. I think those are the kinds of changes he's talking about.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote