View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #56
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

While its been said a number of times, this really is the season that Harris needs to step up. He's played well so far, but I want to see him maintain the intensity and intelligence throughout the season. Honestly, while it does seem like a smaller thing, his ability to hit open shots has been huge so far, because its going to force teams to close out on him, and when that happens he should be able to create some offense.

We know what we're going to get from Dirk. He's not going to create off the dribble, but the improved guard play and ball movement should do that for him. I don't know whether its Westphal's influence, or maybe Avery just sat down and looked objectively at his offense, but our ball movement has been downright nasty at times.

Also, I can not say how excited I am to have Bass. Yes, he makes some mistakes. Yes, he really needs to hit those shots in the paint, but man, when have we ever had a rebounder and shot blocker who can move on the court like that... AND still be a legitimate weapon on the offensive end. If he brings it every night, he's going to be the key to beating small, fast teams.
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote