View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 09:34 AM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I still think Dirk should set up at the high post 90% of the time because it allows for him backing down players, shooting from the elbow, driving, as well as the pick-n-pop and pick-n-roll. Dirk has the talent to do all of these as well as pass out of double teams which are harder to double there, than they are on the block.
This one I'm not so sure about Dal. I think one reason that a lot of folks do NOT work at the elbow is that the double-team can come from so many direction. Left, right and back. This seemed to be what nellie really did and it caused dirk to have to worry more about where the double is coming from.

If he were a sg who had fantastic handles then this might not be an issue, certainly it's NOT an issue if his back isn't to the basket.

If he is working in the post he has a little bit of help with the sideline so that he sort of can feel where the double is coming from. It may be "easier" to double him but it's also easier for the passer to see the whole court and get a sense of where the open man is going to be.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote