View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #29
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

If you back to Serious's first post, then notice that there was also mention of the Euro option which is to take the 3 pointers often and assume a need to be an offensive force. I agree that I don't want Dirk to do that and that alone as a solution. But, I think Dirk should take 5-7 three pointers per game where he is shooting from a quick catch and release position in transition or early in a half court set. We need Dirk to score as Sike pointed out. Passing out of a double team is necessary but it does accomplish what the opponent wants anyway- someone else is going to shoot. The opponent wants someone else not named Dirk to beat them. We still need Dirk to score. So, I say pop some three's as a part of the strategy. Then, the other half of the strategy has to be developing a low post offensive strategy. I think we do that by playing:
Devin, JHo as a SG, Bass as a SF, Dirk, Diop. Diop has shown he can score and make a move in a hurry now. Pass to Bass/JHo in the low pass. Let them make a move and try to score. Pass to Diop inside if the defense gives Bass/JHo that option. Kick it out to Dirk who is facing the basket if the inside options are a "no go" on that possession.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote