View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 11:35 PM   #39
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I'm little worried about whether the front line of Dirk/Bass/Diop or Dampier can play defense against many teams. Tonight Dirk had to play against Iguodala quite a bit, and that's not a match up that I think favors Dallas.

Most importantly, though, Dallas showed the first signs of shredding the double teams. Dirk had 8 assists and easily made enough good passes to get the triple double.

It was hard to tell in the second half whether Philly went away from the double team--Dallas (especially Devin Harris) pushed the ball so hard that Philly couldn't get the defense set much of the time. If you run, then you don't need to play half court offense.

Something else to consider, a couple of Dirk passes (or any pass for that matter) to Damp and Diop for dunks is going to keep them interested and in the game. I thought they played exceptionally well tonight.

I'm going to make a prediction--hold me to it--by the All Star break, teams are going to be afraid to double on Dirk. Other than coaches that like to make the freak play (Nellie), teams won't try to double Dirk unless he goes off for 15 or 20 in the first half.

Until then, Dallas needs to keep moving the ball and working the wrinkles out of the half court offense.

Finally, one down note, why in the world wasn't Dallas ready to play against the double teams last year?
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote