View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 02:03 AM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

This is great for baseball? You think? Let's drag out into the spotlight how absolutely ingenuine all their records are? Let's highlight how their best players use drugs?

I'm not following you. Baseball players these days are drugged and not to be remembered!!!!! Preserve the records of old!!! Baseball lore is to be remembered!!!

Give. Me. A. Break.

No one gives a shit about sanctity of records, trust me. Baseball likes to hold those records first and foremost, but in this day and age nobody cares. Everyone knows that Bonds is a better hitter than Ruth, just like everyone knows that Rose was a better hitter than Dimaggio. Trust me, there are very few people that believe that even the "Say Hey" kid was a better outfielder than Ken Griffey, Jr.

It's time to put the nostalgia behind us. These guys are way better than the guys who came before them. And Bonds is better than them all.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote