View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #48
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

One solution would be for the MAVS to sell more 1/2 season packages in the lower bowl. Its the only way to sit downstairs for less that $5,000 a year. I have one of the few. They are the worst seats downstairs, behind the basket near the top, but still much better than upstairs. When they opened the AAC, they refused to sell any 1/2 season packages downstairs. I guess when they didnt sell out fast enough, they opened up a few. I know my fellow 1/2 seasoners always show up, and when they don't, they give the ticks to real fans. And since the seats to my right are not season ticket seats, I'm often next to people in Spurs gear, or Kobe fans. Its so much fun to torment them.

Its too bad that the best seats all go to corporations who can write off the expense. So many of the best seats are empty until we play the Suns or Spurs. Thats less true in small markets, like Sacremento, because they don't have so many big corporations trying to impress clients. The Mavs should at least encouragethem to sell their tickets on the trading post. They probably don't want the income, it would screw up their tax returns.

By the way, I rarely change into Mavs gear after work, because when I do, we usually lose, and I will not jinx any more games with my t-shirts. Now I wear them the day after victories.