View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 01:37 PM   #44
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
We were a good team in 2005. If we couldn't beat Amare then, we can't beat him now, so I don't want to hear it.

If we beat the Suns that year, we beat the Spurs in the WCF. None of this crap about "waah, waah, we ran into a hot team." No, none of that. If we beat the Suns we play the Spurs, and if we beat the Spurs we walk to the Finals.

For a team that was hungry for it since 2001, that was our year.

It is a sad thing that Nellie quit on us, for if he hadn't, we would surely have won the NBA title that year.

But we carry on. We showed our ass the last couple years, but I think this year we have a chance.
Eh. Where are you going? I thought we were comparing 2005 to 2006. In 2006, the Suns didn't have Amare. In 2005, they did and it was the original pre-micro Amare. I don't see how having Amare in 2005 makes the Suns more beatable.

Also beating the Suns is no recipe for beating the Spurs. In 2005, even if we were able to beat the Suns, the Spurs would've been a tougher opponent. They traditionally have been the better team of the two, four rocks and all.

As for Nellie being a sure-fire thing, Nellie's never beaten the Spurs in the playoffs as a Mavericks coach. Correct me if I'm wrong.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote