View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #39
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Europeans got the best fans in every sport... nice vid in your sig
Alas, I have never experienced a thing like this myself - I found it on Youtube, got goosebumps and felt like I had to share it. The supporters of my local soccer club Hertha BSC Berlin aren't that imaginative, their songs are quite dull to say the least. And a Olympic Stadium Berlin with 80k seats and only 35k fans to fill them doesn't help in this matter. I just love how the two groups in the video animate each other to sing even louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
Yes. And as Munich isn´t far away either I´ve got a large choice of good beers.

I think the beer which is closest to american beer is "Kölsch". Beside of Weissbier I like it very much too and you can drink a lot of it without getting drunk.
Yeah, now that you say it - that's quite true. As my parents are of rhenisch (ha - looked that word up - "rheinisch") origin, I've also quite a lot of occasions to get me some Früh Kölsch. I do like it a lot, but more as a seldom special - I think it would get dull after some weeks. I like my little variations.
Now - my cousins are from Augsburg and every Christmas they bring some crates of "Helles" - that's great stuff. Would that I could get it here in Berlin.

Now, to spin the discourse to a new subject - do you guys have some local specialities of the art of brewing that we should know?

As I'm from Berlin, theres Berliner Weisse (Berlin's Whiteness).
And as I found out, theres a Wikipedia article - on the english version even.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berliner_Weisse

Alas, I don't think anyone of you will be able to get some into his hands - as it isn't even exported around Germany any more. Quite a shame, as I like it a lot on hot summer days.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote