View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #165
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I have been drinking Paulaner HefeWeizen for nearly 20 years. I don't know of a much better beer. Started drinking it while in Munich in 1989. Is Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier better? I haven't tried it.

I also heard that Sam Adams was coming out with a HefeWeizen and it is good. I still need to try it as well.

As for beer in the US versus German beer. If you want taste, in general, Germany wins hands down and without question. Admittedly there are some micro-brews that are pretty good, but in general, I'll take German bier every time. ein bier bitte!
Both, Paulaner and Franziskaner are very good popular wheat beers. There is no big difference between those two.

If you want something special you have to taste Kaltenberger Prinzregent Luitpold (much barm and very effervescent). The pale one is by far better than the dark version.

Another one is the Andechser Weißbier (as I posted before: It´s a beer from an abbey about 10 kilometer from my home town. A "pilgrimage site of beer drinkers", the so called: "Heiliger Berg" (holy mountain). They also brew a bock style beer with about 7% alcohol. As the padre always had trouble with visitors, they stopped to serve this beer at weekends.). This is in my opinion the best wheat beer (not the bock style beer) you can get and not only because it is brewed near my home.

Nevertheless I don´t know if you are able to get those two brands of beer in America. If you have a chance, you absolutely should try it!

P.S. At the moment I´m drinking a Franziskaner and it´s very good. Cheers!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 11-28-2007 at 02:56 PM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote