Thread: Dirk is good...
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2001, 12:48 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the finely to howard connection stagnates the mavs offense.
the finley/dirk/nash connection is what makes the team a contender.
yes, it is nice to have howard as the fourth option, but he's not a guy that needs to be one of this teams top 3 options.

maybe in washington he could be that guy, but he's not in washington anymore.

i think finley and nellie now realize that juwan isn't this teams second option. and i believe that is very important to this teams success.

next year, i'd love to see 14 points a game out of howard to go along with 9 boards. that would be ideal

because dirk will need the extra shots, and with more defensive attention focused on dirk, i would like to see finley's and steve's shots go up just a bit also. yes, at the expense of juwan. he's needs to be the fourth option.
if he's on fire, yes, get him the ball but this teams success isn't going to ride on establishing him down low
next year, you're going to have dirk posting up more and probably finley posting up more....that to go along with dirk, finley and nash driving ...howard will need to get on the offensive glass. if he doesn't provide the rebounding and defense needed, well, then maybe booth should cut into his playing time some next year if booth continues to develop his game. (but, that's next year)
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote