View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #83
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
But it seems skewed for you to appear to root for one ex Maverick, especially a non player, over a roster full of Mavericks.
If that's the way it seems to you, I can understand how you must feel. But I do not root for erstwhile Mavs *over* present Mavs. I simply root for them all. I don't want Nellie to fail, with Golden State. I rooted like hell for Nellie when he was a Mav. Why should I want him to fail? He pretty much made these Mavericks what they are. That should be recognized, and appreciated.

If the Warriors and the Mavs meet up again this year, it will be just as painful for me as it was last year. Or as it was in '05 and '06, when the Mavs had to face another one of their own, in Steve Nash. Or as it was when they had to face Finley. These matchups are not at all easy for a bleeds-blue Mavs fan.

But make no mistake, if the Mavs can't win the title then I want a Nellie or a Nash or a Finley to do so.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote