View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #48
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
This I don't buy. I think it's obvious that Dirk is doing exactly what he's been asked to do, which is defer to his teammates more. The reason I don't buy this is because when Dirk has been asked to score this season, he's been more aggressive than ever with his drives to the basket, working to get into the lane, etc.

So I don't buy that it's Dirk coasting at all. Now, he does seem to have a lot less fire in his belly. But this whole team does. I think it's a product of their approach.

He's not playing well at all. Not even close to what he's capable of. But I don't think he's coasting, his lack of agression is something that has been asked for by Avery, I think.
I couldn't disagree more.

Sure, he has been asked to get his teammates involved more and raise his assist numbers, but so has Josh. Hell, Avery is expecting 6 assists per game from him - more than from Dirk. Is that stopping Josh from putting it up 20 per game? Dirk is playing timid and seems scared to take a lot of shots. I do not think Avery wants him to play like a pussy if that is what you are suggesting, because that is definitely how he has played many games this year. Stop trying to shine a turd; you will find more layers of poo underneath.

Step up Dirk and put this team on your back like we know you can.