View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #53
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
I couldn't disagree more.

Sure, he has been asked to get his teammates involved more and raise his assist numbers, but so has Josh. Hell, Avery is expecting 6 assists per game from him - more than from Dirk. Is that stopping Josh from putting it up 20 per game? Dirk is playing timid and seems scared to take a lot of shots. I do not think Avery wants him to play like a pussy if that is what you are suggesting, because that is definitely how he has played many games this year. Stop trying to shine a turd; you will find more layers of poo underneath.

Step up Dirk and put this team on your back like we know you can.
Sorry, don't buy it. Avery wanting Josh to raise his assist numbers is coach speak. This offense is not designed for Josh to get assists.

I agree that Dirk looks timid at times, but I think that's from him not feeling comfortable in this system. He doesn't know whether he should shoot or pass at times, because it's being preached to him that he needs to distribute more.

Seeing Dirk drive to the basket like he has is al the proof I need to know that he's not coasting. He's trying his best to do what is asked of him. He's not doing it well, at all. But it's not because he's not trying.

Dude is right on the money in talking about where Dirk gets the ball. When Tony Parker is guarding Dirk, and they're bringing a double team every time, Dirk should be on the blocks. Period. I've talked about how Dirk is not fighting for position on the blocks, but I feel pretty confident that he could get it on Tony freaking Parker.

Him not being on the blocks and closer to the basket last night was a coaching decision. And a stupid one.

Don't get me wrong. Dirk is not playing well. But it's not all on him. And he's not coasting.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote