View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #13
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

You people that stopped talking about this yesterday or never got involved but are now running back in here saying SEE, SEE, DIRK ISN'T THE PROBLEM don't seem to understand that THIS IS NOT HOW HE WAS PLAYING... THIS IS HOW HE SHOULD PLAY.

Had he played like he did in SA we would have lost by 40.

I said defense was a huge problem for us. We all know that, but he was hurting us also. So in a game where we lose by 2 and he plays like a pussy, we lose. If he played like this in SA, we win.

It is that simple guys. I know he played GREAT tonight. He did basically exactly what I asked for from him. He grabbed the ball and SHOT. He grabbed the ball and immediately moved before a double team could reach him. He played with passion and fire. This is the Dirk we need to see every night.

It is unfortunate that it came on a night where our D played as bad as it has in the past couple of years and it didn't matter, but most nights it isn't THIS bad. We definitely can't win if our D plays like this, no matter Dirk's contributions. If we are going to give up 40 point quarters and 65 point halves we just can't win no matter who is on the team.

BUT, again, if we are going to give up 97 points to a good Spurs team and Dirk is going to put up 15 and shoot 11 times that is when our defense is not what is holding us back. Sure, the D could have played much better and we could have won with Dirk playing like that, but it shouldn't take a tremendous defensive effort each night to win with our team. We have what a lot of teams don't, a true Superstar. He needs to consistently play like one and he did last night. If our D plays half as good as they can we win that game.

I will say now after seeing that crap play out that our defense definitely is public enemy number 1 if it is going to play that terrible.

Man it was bad.