View Single Post
Old 07-14-2002, 03:30 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Murphy is a good player - often mislabeled as a big white stiff. He can score in the post and rebound better than most &quot;athletic&quot; type guys.

Is there a reason that white basketball players ALWAYS get compared to other former white NBA stars? Is Murphy really more like Chambers, or is he more like... lets say Moses Malone? I guarantee you no one is ever going to compare Troy Murphy to Moses Malone. Malone is just so much blacker than Murphy. They can't possibly be the same type of player... right?!?

As of right now, I'm taking up a fight to end the persecution of the white basketball player.
>>

Agreed @ BAyliss. Black hoopers are always compared to other black hoopers. But if u notice no one is compared to any other superstar but Michael Jordan. Murphy is no where near Moses Malone and I dotn even see how he plays like him. Malone could rebound 10 times better than Murphy and could bang better than him. Tom Chambers looks more of the lines than a Moses Malone.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote