View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #422
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
where is peter jackson when you need him??
No doubt. But I could see Deathly Hallows being directed by PJ being 3 2 1/2-3 hour movies EASILY.

It would be a huge undertaking to get every aspect of the story out there.

The disappointing thing is that the plot lines they have failed to cover means that some of the best parts will be diminished or changed to get into the final movie (for example - Ron and Hermione's first kiss, and who is going to save them from Malfoy manor? If it is indeed Dobby and they do show him indeed getting killed it won't have the same effect on a person that has just followed the films.... so they will probably come up with another way to get them out. Which sucks. They left House Elves behind with Chamber. Well at least Dobby and his story.)

This gets me depressed thinking about it. There's just too much left unsaid in the already produced films to make the finale or even the 6th film good in the opinion of a book reader.

And I really can't see that changing. If a remake does happen in our lifetimes with a more true to the story series I have a feeling I will be an old codger before that's possible.