View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #292
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

What I see in Josh Hamilton is Jim Edmonds (I read that comp on Newberg's forum and like it). You can't help but root for him, and it excites me what he has the potential to do here (and the existence of the DH will probably help when it comes to injuries). Hamilton is instantly our best offensive player, and suddenly the lineup doesn't look that bad at all.

DH Catalanotto
SS Young
CF Hamilton
3B Blalock
RF Bradley
2B Kinsler
C Salty
1B Broussard/Shelton
LF Murphy/Byrd

I like what that lineup may be able to do (assuming Bradley will be able to play the field to start the year... if not, I can handle Cat playing left to start things).

And with an outfield of Murphy/Byrd (both good defenders in left), Hamilton in center, and Bradley in right, the pitchers will be helped out a ton.

I wish Eddy the best, but a trade like this has to be made. Hamilton has otherworldly talent, and if the Rangers make the commitment to get him the support system he needs (I expect CJ Wilson to have a lot to do with that), we could have a very special player here.