View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #522
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i would pay for NBATV - I mean, how many games do they show a year? i'd imagine it's quite a few. Comcast does put most of the NBA TV games on its Versus network, so I actually don't have to pay extra for that.

but NFL network shows fewer games, and many of them are ones i really could not care less about. That's why I say it's not worth it. But to each their own.
There was a while, back when TimeWarner had not yet taken over Comcast in this area, that they had the NFL Network as a free preview. I seem to remember that they had a fair amount of decent programming, like classic games from days gone by (like NBATV does). I'd venture to say that there is enough interest in the NFL year-round to support a cable channel. Outside of the archived video, there is the draft and then training camps to carry it through.

I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't like Thursday night NFL games. If you are a fan of the NFL, the more the merrier.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote