Thread: Sensible Trade?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 03:33 PM   #1
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

hey guys,

i'm new here.

i was wondering what you guys thought of this possible trade, which makes a lot of sense to me.

it appears wang has grown enamored with golden state. after we sign raef for what it looks like will be close to the max, and then sign najera, i doubt we will have a lot of money left to match any offers for wang. furthermore, golden state needs a veteran point guard to lead their young team and to serve as an understudy for young point guards Gilbert Arenas and Jiri Welsh. we need players that can bang inside and rebound, which golden state has. how about the following trade?

Wang, Van Exel, and Eshmeyer or Bradley

for

Dampier, Sura and Blaylock

I'd like to add Fortson in there, but I think G.S. would think they're giving up too much. i think blaylock would be a great backup to steve as he can hit the open shot, run a team, and also plays great defense. Sura's a great athletic swingman who i think would flow with our system.

as a result, here are the resulting lineups.

Dallas
PG Nash/Blaylock
SG Finley/Sura
SF Nowitzki/Griffin
PF Lafrentz/Najera
C Dampier/Bradley or Eshmeyer

Golden State
PG Van Exel/Arenas
SG Richardson/Welsh
SF Dunleavy/Fortson
PF Jamison/Wang
C Foyle/Bradley or Eshmeyer

also, in the free agent market, i think it would be great if we could get Donyell Marshall with our mid-level exception. the guy is like nowitzki and lafrentz in that he can go both inside and outside. one thing i like about this guy is that he's a great finisher and is better in the post than nowitzki or lafrentz. if we pick him up, we could use a small lineup for teams not named the lakers or spurs and we could use a big lineup for those teams.

small lineup
pg nash
sg finley
sf nowitzki
pf marshall
c lafrentz

big lineup
pg nash
sg finley
sf nowitzki
pf lafrentz
c dampier