View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:53 PM   #50
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I completely agree with McSluggo and Grbh about the good points of bike commuting, as that's something I've been doing everyday for about the last six months, and it has been a great help to me in my efforts to drop body fat. In my opinion, for short commutes on decent roads, nothing beats biking in terms of it's health benefits and enjoyability, but if you do have to regularly bike 10+ miles daily I'd strongly recommend getting a good, high end road bike so you save the wear and tear on your back that an el-cheapo bike can leave you feeling after your commute (I just upgraded from a value priced Schwinn bike to a very nice KHS, and the difference is night and day in terms of both comfort and efficiency on the road)...