View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #290
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

the dramatic 6 point ron paul fall in the rasmussen polls caught my eye, mainly because md brought up it but also because such a fall seemed highly unlikely....

...most Ron Paul supporters aren't fence sitters....they're not folks thinking, "geez, we really do need to bring the troops home and to roll back the federal government dramatically, but this Huckabee guy has sort of a right-wing New Deal with a promise to prolong the war in iraq that really appeals to me!" pt being, nearly half of paul's new hampshire support didn't evaporate over two days because of something he said or didn't say in two minutes on a sunday night.

anyhoo, upon closer inspection of the polls, it looks like the rasmussen poll that had paul at 14% was the aberration -- paul has only topped 10% in 3 out of 40 new hampshire polls taken in the last month, and two of those were the first two rasmussen polls in new hampshire. most polls have consistently shown him to be in the 5-10% range, so i'd say rasmussen probably just made a little tweak in it's methodology.

Last edited by alexamenos; 01-07-2008 at 03:17 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote