View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #111
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
it's when i'm playing pickup, and jump for a rebound, and the random pickup guys i'm playing with are just standing under the goal looking up - that's when i always seem to land on someone else's foot and roll my ankle pretty.
That's pretty much exactly how I rolled my ankle this morning, and exactly how I've rolled my ankle many, many times over the years...

I will say that as as satisfying as it feels to be able to elevate over other players for rebounds (something I would almost certainly have some severe difficulties doing if I was playing against a 6-8, former college player monster like yourself ), and similarly, as helpful as that leaping ability can be in creating good offensive looks (and even when I was younger, I've never had the greatest vertical leap in the world, but when I'm in shape I've never been bad), that elevation leaves your body exposed to ankle injuries as well as cheap shots from overly competitive pickup-types... Almost makes a fellow want to play with a little more earth-bound Elton Brand style in his game, as opposed to a possibly more injury-exposed, 1991-era, sky-walker Laettner-style...