View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 01:36 AM   #19
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
you make a valid point about the window that the Mavs have to win a title. I hadn't really factored that in. With that in mind, I could understand trading away JJ but for Cassel? Is he really going to make that difference. I don't think so. I honestly think we have one of the best teams in the league and have for a while. I hate to say it but when things don't go quite our way, we choke. We settle for way way too many jumpers. Our defense suffers considerbly. It seems to be a pychological thing that the Mavs have when they are losing or the refs are against them or what not. If we can rise above that, we'll have a title no problem and I don't think there are many players out there that are going to make that big a difference (obviously without trading the whole team away).
I dunno if Cassell will help, but I think he has more potential to help the Mavs win a title immediately than JJB does.

Again, I'm not saying it'd be a good move 3 years down the road--just that Cassell could be counted on a playoff-type situation more than JJB could right now.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-14-2008 at 01:36 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote