View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 01:09 AM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
The NBA should treat all players equally in executive decisions. You don't declare the significance of an error just based on the theoretical value of the skills of the victimized player. They should assume all players have the same height, the same weight, and the same skills, and they should not assume any player will contribute more than any other.
You are being awfully narrow-minded here, if not naive. Under what theoretical conditions that you would propose would any player's contribution necessarily be equivalent to every other player's?

What is at play here is a fairly simple concept. To have your appeal granted, you need to show damages--whatever the circumstances of the alleged injustice. I'm certain you recognize this, based on your arguments below, so I don't know why you would try to paint Shaq as the same skill, height, and weight as every other player on the rosters.

Quote:
Nothing determines the outcome of a game as decisively as points do, right?

...Stern has a lot of explaining to do in terms of his standards for deciding what's worth replaying and what isn't.
Again, this is a pretty simple concept. Points score or don't score ONCE. A player who is wrongfully denied participation in the contest can--but does not necessarily, mind you--impact points scored (or not scored) possibly many times over, depending on the circumstances of the injustice.

You are normally a rational thinker, so I can't understand why you are unable to wrap your mind around these concepts.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote