View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #40
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
1) Probably not.

2) Probably not.
Good. I agree.

I find it extremely important that these two answers be the same, positive or negative. I know we don't have two real situations with two different players, but the NBA statement sure sounded like the replay was issued due to O'Neal's potential. The fact he was their second highest scorer seemed to be their justification in granting the replay.

I believe the NBA should be consistent across the board. You either give replays to all players in that situation or none of them. The NBA must be unbiased in all situations.

The decisions the NBA makes shouldn't be based on anything subjective. I find the expected contribution a given player will make in the future to be a subjective issue. However, real points on the scoreboard are not subjective. They have already been earned, and have a quantifiable value. Yes, they only count once, but they're still the only thing that counts at all at the end of the day. It doesn't matter if you are the Dream Team; you still lose if you have fewer points than the other squad.

Granting a replay for something subjective and denying a replay for something objective is deplorable.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote