View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #11
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMavsFan
download audacity (audacity.com). It's a free audio recorder.
Audacity will work if you want poor quality, considering you'd have to literally use a mic to record out of your computer speaker. Without some tinkering, that is. There is a way to configure your computer to basically record everything coming through your sound card. An explanation found through a quick Google search:

"Capturing outgoing sound from your sound card is actually a really simple task, and doesn't even require a special program!
First you need to access your computer's volume control. You can get there either by double-clicking the speaker icon on your task bar, or by going into your control panel, entering the sound and audio configuration window, and there clicking the "advanced" button in the volume panel. I'm sorry I can't give you the exact names for all these things... I run a Hebrew version of Windows XP.
Now in the volume control window go to the options menu, and click properties. You will have a choice between seeing playback and recording controls, so choose the latter and close the dialog. Now you will have a couple of volume sliders, with a check box saying "Select" beneath them. You need to select the output of your sound card. I have two such controls- "Wave encoder" and "Mono Out." Both work great for me. You might have something similarly named, but it depends on your sound card and system configuration, I guess. After you have selected the right control, you can now use any recording program to capture sound from your sound card!"

From this point, feel free to use Audacity or any other recording software (Audacity's really easy to use, that's probably your best route). Just click record and it'll record anything coming through your speakers.