View Single Post
Old 07-19-2002, 11:44 AM   #33
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

My main concern about Oakley is the same as I have about Russell and that is that if we bring them in we will find ourselves in the same situation we were in with Manning and Hardaway last year. Maybe I'm wrong, and if Oakley can give us what he gave Toronto (which will be 2 years ago when next season starts) then I like the signing. I'm just wary of continually bringing in guys who are past their prime.

I think this was already answered, but I would say the same thing. Oakley wouldn't be asked to be a major contributor here. He would be more of a role player and less would be asked out of him. We actually looked to Hardaway for offense and we looked to Manning for that front line presence and he didn't give it.. We looked to Manning to give us something, he NEVER really did in his entire career, I think that was problem there. Oakley has ALWAYS been a role player. That's the reason I think he's been able to play so long.

i agree KT over Oak any day, I see what ya'll are saying that it is more of a risk to trade for someone than to just take a flyer on Oak, but I don't see Oak as that good of a player.

Oakley might be one of the most consistent 15-20 foot jumpshooters in the league... KT is better offensively because he has more offensive ability, but Oakley can stick the open jumper.. Now he has NO low post game and KT does.. However Oakley will NOT be asked to post anyone up here.