View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #767
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Evil,

Proposition was the hotness. I'm a huge Guy Pearce fan, so that was cool. It was actually written by Nick Cave (of The Bad Seeds).

Also, just wanted to let everyone know that "There Will Be Blood" is probably the best movie of the decade, and Daniel Day Lewis' performance may be my favorite of all time (definitely top 3). Paul Dano holds his own, although DDL outshines him a bit too much in some scenes, but hey, he's DDL. The direction and cinematography were sublime, echoing Malick, Ozu, and Kubrick all at once. The film definitely had an overall Kubrickian feel, from the shots to the story structure. The score, composed by Radiohead's Johnny Greenwood, was rock-solid as well.

Must-see!
"I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!"

Daniel Day Lewis rocks my world. It was impossible to soak all of this movie in during one viewing. I liked watching Paul Dano, but I had a hard time not thinking of him as "Dwayne Hoover"......not that the two characters were similar or anything.

And I undersand the tone that musical score was supposed to be setting, but it was a bit distracting at times.

Great movie.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-27-2008 at 12:40 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote