View Single Post
Old 07-19-2002, 01:35 PM   #75
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

What I do know is that Nelson showed very little patience with him when he wasn't playing well. I think that someone who has proven himself to be an important part of the team, and one who was a big reason for our playoff success in 2001 deserves to be given more of a chance.

Madape you're right he did show little patience.. However I can see where Nellie was coming from though. Bradley is a veteran and to play like he did the year before and not even come CLOSE to that, is a tad bit frustrating. I think I would lose patience too. NOW if it was slightly below the level of a year before, I'm pretty sure we would have saw Bradley play ALOT more this past year, however it was SIGNIFICANTLY worse, that's what the problem was. Also it's more frustrating when you're NOT asking a player to be the leader, best scorer or even best rebounder. They want Bradley there to block shots and sure up the middle defensively. Anything else he gives them is a BONUS, but he couldn't even do that.

If the Mavs looked to Fin, Dirk and Nash to lead the team in scoring, and they were having a rough time doing that, do you think Nellie would want to stick with them?

Murph, I most CERTAINLY won't argue that Nellie needs to recognize small ball isn't the answer. Hell you won't get an argument from me there, but if Bradley is the answer, then BRADLEY needs to step up and show him.