View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 09:41 AM   #65
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbcool
If they played one on one, I think Dirk will win.
But for the sake of argument:
Dirk is a Great Offensive weapon.
He is the best mismatch in the NBA. A 7 footer that can shoot anywhere on the court.
And yet, that same 7 footer is not a weapon on Defense.

Josh is a good offensive player and a good defenisive weapon.
He can strive on both sides of the ball. Not only does he average 21 points a game and grab almost 8 boards a game, but he guards the best player on the opposing team every game.

Dirk averages one more point and and one more board a game. So in that since, they put up similar Offensive numbers. What sets them aside is the Defense. For that very reason, Josh Howard is my favorite player on this team.
Dirk's having a down year (statistically) and Josh is having a career year, Dirk is STILL outproducing Howard, and yet they are offensively a wash?

In case you haven't been paying attention, Dirk could average 25-30 a game if the Mavs wanted to ride him in every game...but that doesn't help the team any.

Dirk's a FAARRRRRR better passer and decision maker than JHO is.

I love Josh Howard, but he hasn't sniffed Dirk's numbers yet in his career.

Besides that, JHO is an offensive midget in the fourth quarter, when it matters the most.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-31-2008 at 10:07 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote