View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 11:47 PM   #16
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'm not hating on Harris. In fact, I don't think I have ever said anything truly negative about Harris on this board--nor did I tonight. I like Harris, but I see him for what he is. He's a swingman in a point-guard's body. He really doesn't have many--actually, you might go so far as to say any--of the prime attributes that you would normally ascribe to a point guard. Yes, he can bring the ball up the floor. Yes, he can defend guys who are his own size. But if you were drafting a quarterback, would you draft him? He's not a quarterback.

That's why I think that the people who dismiss Harris-for-Kidd out of hand may be missing the boat. This team desperately needs a quarterback. And frankly, they have needed one for a few years now, and you can probably chalk up their lack of a title to this deficiency first and foremost.

ddh, as to last year's playoffs...I saw Harris blow the pick-and-roll defense on more than one occasion in clutch moments against Golden State. Hell, even Dirk barked at him about it. I'm just sayin'...if your scouting report is that you aren't a distributor at PG but you are a great defender, you ought to at least know where you are supposed to go on defense.

There is a reason Avery has had him on such a short leash all this time, and that only this year did he take the PG reins away from Jet on a full-time basis (geez, how hard is that to do?).

I see Harris as a terrific piece in a three-man backcourt rotation. I don't see him as the PG who is going to carry your team throughout the playoffs. Now, if you think that's hating, then I guess let me step out of your utopia.
you are a posting contradiction time bomb. why are you wasting your time on this board? do you benefit from posting the garbage?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote