View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 12:24 AM   #23
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone notice how the announcers talked constantly about Garnett, but rarely mentioned Harris? I heard Stackhouse's name mentioned only once.

Personally, I think the Mavs missing those 2 equals Boston missing Garnett. So this game tells us nothing about which is the better team. Plus, to a large extent, the Mavs beat themselves with all those stupid jump shots.

Interesting that Chum chooses this game to go after Devin, when much of what we saw here was how much he was missed. He would have controlled Rondo, and made Boston pay for having no shotblocker. I share the frustration with the way Jet dribbles out most of t he shot clock...clearly, Devin runs the team better. His drives to the basket create points, fouls, free throws and wide open, in rhythm inside out 3 point shots...the kind that actually go in.

Without him, this may be a very long road trip. But its also meaningless, except for the impact on the standings.

Chum, you are flirting with my ignore list. Everything for you comes back to the lack of Nash, your ultimate quarterback. I think you just can't stand the fact that without him, or Nellie, the Mavs ended up with a better team. Better record. Better defense, NBA Finals appearance, all things we never got with Nash and Nellie. Your plea for Kidd is a thinly disguised whine over Nash. He's a great passer, but he costs 42 million dollars a year with tax, and he just ain't worth it. He's not even worth Devin. If Cuban wants to write the check, I'd love to have Kidd. But if he trades Devin for him, I'll seriously question his sanity.