View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 05:39 AM   #375
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

12:58 AM CST on Friday, February 1, 2008
Dallas Mavericks coach squelches Jason Kidd trade rumors

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

BOSTON – Jerry Stackhouse has a motto when it comes to life in the NBA.

"The checks cash in all 50 states," he said Thursday. "That's all you need to worry about. If you get somewhere where the checks don't cash, then you got an issue. But up until then, they're going to cash."

His point is that trade rumors come with the territory, even when your coach is shooting them down in no uncertain terms.

The Jason Kidd talk of the last few days has swamped the Mavericks, but Avery Johnson has no intentions of letting it dominate their thoughts. He shot down the rumored deal with the strongest commentary on it yet.

"We're not involved," he said flatly. "Anybody has a right to throw out names. That's a part of speculating. But we're not involved. That's all I can tell them. We like our team, and we're moving forward with our team."

The Mavericks have been rumored as a possible destination for Kidd, but all of those bits of speculation have been downplayed since they made the rounds. Kidd was drafted originally by the Mavericks and has asked to be traded by the New Jersey Nets.

The Mavericks and Nets have talked, but no deal was even remotely close to happening.

Johnson reiterated that the Mavericks believe this team as constructed is capable of winning the championship.

"We feel when we have our 10-man rotation, we feel we can be pretty good," he said. "We know there are a lot more teams favored to win it than we are this year. But we like our team."

Asked again if there was interest in Kidd, Johnson said: "We like our team."
The players have heard about the rumors, but they know it is part of the business.

"It doesn't bother me, but you think about it," said DeSagana Diop. "I wouldn't lie about that. But I don't let it bother me. Just be a pro and do your job."

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote