View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #774
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
I saw "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" last night.

I loved it. Great movie.

I have to admit that after my kids were born (3 starting in 2001), I basically stopped watching movies or paying attention to what out there... so I had never heard of this. A very good way to watch it! I had NO idea what to expect, (even genre), which allowed it to set itslef up perfectly without expectations. I wish I could see EVERY movie that way!!

**similar note** one of the last movies I saw in the theaters was "Memento"--- very similar situation. I saw it in an arthouse theatre across the street from the hospital (my first daughter had to stay in the hospital for six weeks before we could bring her home), and had never heard anything about the movie (this was before the hype really hit) and just walked in because it was convienient.

Zero expectations + great movie = best movie going experience ever

two great movies. Eternal Sunshine is definitely in my top 5 favorite movies ever.

i actually saw Memento in a similar way! i was on the road in philly the year it came out. Had some time to kill and saw a local arthouse theater down the street. I had a VERY vague iknowledge of the movie, had seen one preview. i had no interest in the other two movies showing at this place, so I stopped in and saw it and really liked it. like you said, almost zero expectations.