View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #19
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
According to 82games.com, our opponents take 35% of their shots close to the basket (this includes close shots, dunks, and tips). The Mavs take 28% of their shots close to the basket.
well, effective fg% for mavs v. opponents is about the same for close (.544 v. .545) and dunks (.951 v. .912) and block % is higher for mavs (6.7%) than opponents (5.1%), if I read that correctly. These, I guess speak more to defensive big-mannerisms, rather than offensive production, because anyone can score up close, but it more often falls to the big men to stop that scoring.

By position, Mavs centers have an effective FG% (.546) that's higher than opponents centers (.519). We can ignore the pf spot, I suppose, because we can concede that Dirk's not no real big man.

But from these, we might conclude that the Mavs big men are (or would be) as effective as their opponents, but aren't used as much.

What I'd really like to see is a site that says, "Mavs opponents shoot more than they normally do from the inside, and their inside scorers are more effective than they normally are"

oh, and thanks for pointing me back to 82games.com, kg.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 02-04-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote