View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 01:18 AM   #74
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
I have my doubts, too. Can they win with only one above average defender in the starting lineup (Bell)? Sure, Shaq will help clog the lane, but will he really make the defense better? The offense? Even on the glass, I'm not sure how much of a difference he makes.
I do wonder. Are Amare's defensive problems in part because he is playing out of position? I haven't seen a lot out of him to suggest he is a good defensive player, but I have to imagine he would be better defending other power forwards rather than centers. That's the only way I can see Shaq improving the defense really. But the problem is Shaq is a much worse defender than Marion. Is having players in more traditional positions going to improve the team defense enough make up for the lost of Marion? Is Dan Tony going to even care to make this team defense work? Like you, I have my doubts.

I also see Shaq clogging the lane on offense and making it harder for Amare to work. I mean, Shaq is going to want the ball and so will Amare. Will the Suns find that delicate balance and make it all work? Who is going to pick up all of Marions garbage buckets and baskets off the cuts?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote