View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 01:27 AM   #83
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
If you think that an NBA team--any NBA team--isn't going to figure out how to use Shaquille O'Neal to their benefit...well, then I guess we just aren't on the same page.

If Shaq is not anywhere the guy he used to be, then Phoenix isn't going to benefit. But if he is, they will. That's just pretty simple, the way I see it.
I don't think that at all. Re-read my posts if you like. I said earlier in one of these threads that Phoenix would benefit from a Shaq trade IF they didn't have to give up one of their top 3 players. I don't think the benefit of Shaq outweighs what Marion gave them. Sure, I think they can come up with a system that to an extent makes Shaq work and the team work as best it can. But does that come close to being the system they are running with Marion? I highly doubt it. But this could be a defining moment for your boy, Nash. If he does "make every teammate better" maybe he can find a way to make a traditional system with an aging Shaq as one of the top options work. I'm just not seeing it.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 02-06-2008 at 01:28 AM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote