View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 02:29 AM   #776
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

The Last Man on Earth. This was the 1964 version of I am Legend, starring a young (ish) Vincent Price. It was cool, but only to see a bit more of this story in a historical context. Of the three that I've seen (Last Man on Earth, Omega Man, and I am Legend), this is closest to the book. The screenplay for it was actually written by the original story author, but when he saw The Last Man on Earth as the final product, he asked that his name be removed from the film. It was probably a good idea, because the movie itself kinda sucked.

If anyone out there is more of a vampire buff than the average movie goer (me), do you know if the original story "I am Legend" from 1954 was really the first time someone had thought up the idea of the whole world turning into vampires?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote