View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 12:21 PM   #404
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At center, sure. Rodman may have been the greatest rebounder ever, but take Rodman in his prime and put him at center next to a guy smaller than he is at PF in a series against the Spurs, and yes, that team would get outrebounded too. And please, don't get me started on Ben Wallace (yes, I would take Shaq NOW over Ben Wallace in his prime.)
I seem to recall Rodman absolutely getting in Shaq's head in the '96 Eastern Conference Finals. Rodman was perfectly able to do his thing. That same Rodman would have dominated this current Shaq on the boards. Dominated.

Quote:
Well neither of them ever played out of position either. Rodman still had seven footers playing next to him in Lambeer and Longley. And while Wallace was an undersized center, he still had Rasheed next to him. Prince/Rasheed/Wallace was a pretty formidable rebounding frontline and I imagine won the battle of the boards more often than not. Wallace is also something of an exception to the rule because he was unusually strong for his size.
If you think Rodman was doing his damage because he was playing alongside Luc frikkin' Longley, I don't know what to say. Oh, and that's very deceptive to attribute Ben Wallace's play to Rasheed. Rasheed didn't get there until midway through 03-04. Ben Wallace was playing center before that, and all he managed to do was put up a 13.2, 13.0, and 15.4 in the previous seasons respectively.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote