Thread: Dallas/LAC
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #11
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Maggette would be awesome. We need somebody that goes to the rim.

But wouldn't they insist upon Josh?
I think the Mavs could get this done without parting with Josh, but I agree with Chum that the Clips will want some upside on this deal and Bass would be the bait to get them interested. If Juwan Howard had anything left in the tank, it would be one thing, but his bag looks so empty, I think it's gonna take Bass. Even with the anticipated re-signing of Brand, Bass would help the Clips at the 4 now and would become Brand's backup when he returns from injury.

Don't get me wrong, I love Bass and don't want to deal him, but in this league ya gotta give somethin' to get somethin'.

It's problematic though. I know the Mavs view Bass as a nice, athletic piece to match up with the Suns, Warriors, etc. Unfortunately, he's also probably the most tradeable, "non-core player" asset the Mavs have. As much as the Mavs would like to keep Bass and the match up options he presents, I think you do this deal because you are solving (or at least shoring up) 3 obvious problem areas: 1) No quality starting SG; 2) No quality backup PG; and 3) no consistent slasher to the hoop.

Last edited by NewMexiMav; 02-13-2008 at 12:29 PM.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote